Friday, 9 March 2012

Rev. William MacGregor and his Egyptian Collection

I am so excited to be able to post that I have been invited to do a public lecture on my research next Friday (16th March).  Whilst I am always enthusiastic to talk about the Reverend William MacGregor, an Egyptologist and collector of Egyptian antiquities, the reason for my added happiness is that I will be giving the talk at his own parish - St Editha's Church in Tamworth, Staffs.  To be able to stand where he once stood and talk about the huge contribution he made to not only Tamworth itself, but to the world of Egyptology, will be a surreal but wonderful experience.

The talk will begin at 7.30 (doors open at 7pm) and tickets can be obtained from the Tamworth Information Centre or at the door on the night.

His is an amazing story to share and I hope that some of you are able to join me on the night.
I will be the one with the huge smile on my face!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! Enjoy the moment and wish I could be there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take pictures for you!

    ReplyDelete